Calendar of Events
Updated August 5, 2014
Florida Pathfinder Events
- http://www.floridaconference.com/iym/pathfinders/events/ or call (407) 644‑5000 x127.
Singles’ Ministries Events and mailing list information.
- Spiritual study groups, fellowship dinners, outings, and more. http://www.floridaconference.com/iym/childrenandfamily/events/, email@example.com, (407) 521‑4751, or (407) 721‑3036.
Planned Giving and Trust Services Clinics.
- Aug. 9. Winter Park Spanish.
- Aug. 16. Haines City Spanish.
- Aug. 23. Buenaventura Lakes Spanish.
- Aug. 30. Deltona Spanish.
- Sept. 13. Hialeah Springs Spanish.
- Sept. 27. Sunrise.
- Oct. 4. Clermont Spanish.
A Better Choice / Adventist Book Center.
- Altamonte Springs: national toll-free number, (877) 55‑FLABC (877-553-5222). Miami: (305) 805‑9900. High Springs: (386) 454‑7956. Shop online: http://www.floridaconference.com/abc/ or order by e-mail: FloridaABC@floridaconference.com
Florida Adventist Bookmobile Schedule.
- Oct. 5. Titusville, Cocoa, Ft. Pierce, Midport in Port St. Lucie, West Palm Beach. (Southeastern Conference: Palm Bay, Port St. Lucie.)
- Oct. 12. East Pasco in Zephyrhills, Brooksville, Homosassa, Spring Hill, New Port Richey, Clearwater, St. Petersburg.
- Oct. 19. Lauderhill, Plantation, Sunrise. (Southeastern Conference: Mt. Olivet Ft. Lauderdale.)
- Oct. 26. Winter Haven, Avon Park, Arcadia, Ft. Myers Shores, Ft. Myers, Cape Coral, Naples.
- Oct. 27. Port Charlotte, North Port, Sarasota, Bradenton, Brandon, Tampa First.
- Nov. 2. Silver Springs Shores, Ocala, Cross City, Perry, Tallahassee.
- Nov. 3. Belleview, Lady Lake, Inverness.
- Nov. 9. Daytona Beach, New Smyrna Beach, Pompano Beach, Ambassador in Lauderdale Lakes, Ft. Lauderdale.
- Nov. 10. Margate, Boynton Beach, Victory in Port St. Lucie. (Southeastern Conference: Ephesus West Palm Beach.)
- Nov. 16. Palm Coast, Palatka, St. Augustine, Orange Cove, Jacksonville First, Jacksonville Southpoint. (Southeastern Conference: Jacksonville Ephesus.)
Andy McDonald Celebration of Tenure.
- Sept. 13. Florida Hospital Church. Lunch and special anniversary program at 1:00 p.m. following the 10:00 and 11:30 a.m. worship services with speaker Mike Fulbright. Details: http://www.hospitalchurch.org/Andy30.
Let’s Get Moving Kids.
- Oct. 5. Crane’s Roost Park, Uptown Altamonte Springs. 8:00-11:00 a.m. Health Fair for children featuring a run/walk (5K, 3K, and 1/8 mile) to promote active and healthy lifestyles. Participants will be awarded race bibs, finisher medallions, goodie bags, and healthy snacks. Health fair includes raffles, face painting, bounce house, music, and more. Sponsored by Forest City Spanish Church. Cost: $10. ($12 after September 5.) Details: http://www.letsgetmovingkids.org/, firstname.lastname@example.org, or (407) 592‑4808.
Faith Community Nursing Training.
- Oct. 6-10, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Hospice of the Comforter, 480 W. Central Parkway, Altamonte Springs. A course developed through International Parish Nurse Resource Center for nurses with active RN license that will empower you to view health through the CREATION Health philosophy and integrate a practical understanding of theology into the role of Faith Community Nursing. Cost: $299, includes books, lunch, and 34 CE credits. Details: http://www.healthy100churches.org/fcntraining/, email@example.com, or (407) 200‑8278.
High School Bible Retreat.
- Oct. 9-12. Camp Kulaqua, High Springs. Theme: Unfinished. Ministering to youth and challenging, encouraging, and preparing them to make a difference in the lives of their peers. Cost: $95 or $125 after Sept. 25. Registration deadline: Oct. 1. Details: http://www.floridaconference.com/reservations/?ee=6, firstname.lastname@example.org, or (407) 644‑5000 x2425.
Blaze Fest: Life on Fire Ministries Training.
- Nov. 21-23. Camp Kulaqua, High Springs. Preacher training levels 1 & 2 for ages 14+: CREATION Health, small groups, discipleship, Bible study, music worship, crisis care, film ministry, health ministry, etc. Cost: $99. Details: email@example.com or (407) 644‑5000 x2422.